A Joycean day . Today I purchased the last
set of bricks for my labyrinth. Drove home with
300 pounds of bricks in the back of my Jeep.
Saturday I purchased 420 pounds of bricks and
100 pounds of sand. Friday I purchased 384
pounds of bricks and my first 100 pounds of sand.
What was the total number of bricks Kelly bought
for her labyrinth? 184 . Who knew bricks were so
I’ve been attracted to labyrinths for a long time,
before I knew of their relation to Joyce. They
always seemed so much kinder than mazes. So
we’re building one in my backyard. I’ll post a photo
when I’m finished.
The other Joycean part of my day was when I did
the dishes. I put my daughter’s discman into my
itchy wool purse and put it over my shoulder. While
washing, I listened to the first in a series of lectures
by Joseph Campbell called “Wings of Art”. All about
James Joyce.... The first 45 minutes were spectacular.
- ► 2008 (12)
- ► 2006 (12)
- ► 2005 (13)
- ► 2004 (57)
08/31 - 09/07
- I'm having a lovely day. 84 degrees with a gentle ...
- Joyce the Sponger James Joyce has been called l...
- Page 53 of Ellman’s biography of James Joyce con...
- Well I missed my post yesterday, damn it. 17 year...
- Here’s an interesting item from the May 2003 edi...
- More on James Joyce's literary habits. I found th...
- A Joycean day . Today I purchased the last set o...
- ▼ 08/31 - 09/07 (7)