More on James Joyce's literary habits. I found this
informative page on the James Joyce Portal. To see
how this thread began, go to the post for Aug. 17 .
Joyce liked these writers greatly:
Shakespeare, Aristotle, Dante, Homer, Ibsen,
Flaubert, Ben Jonson, Defoe, Chaucer, Yeats,
Wordsworth, Tolstoy, Jacobsen, D Annunzio,
Chekhov, Plutarch, Stendhal, Donne, Hans
Hans Christian Anderson, Hemingway.
He had mixed feelings about these authors:
Whitman, Maupassant, Kipling, Dostoevski, Eliot,
Shelley, Gide, London, Harte.
He disliked these writers:
Wagner, Synge, Hardy, Turgeniev, Balzac,
Thackeray, Thoreau, Browning, Tennyson, Goethe.
- ► 2008 (12)
- ► 2006 (12)
- ► 2005 (13)
- ► 2004 (57)
08/31 - 09/07
- I'm having a lovely day. 84 degrees with a gentle ...
- Joyce the Sponger James Joyce has been called l...
- Page 53 of Ellman’s biography of James Joyce con...
- Well I missed my post yesterday, damn it. 17 year...
- Here’s an interesting item from the May 2003 edi...
- More on James Joyce's literary habits. I found th...
- A Joycean day . Today I purchased the last set o...
- ▼ 08/31 - 09/07 (7)