Larry Kirwin of Black 47 has a lovely
song on his solo album Kilroy Was Here.
It's called "Molly" and you can download it
Kirwin is a huge Joyce fan and an all
around good guy. But I wish he'd never
visited Joyce's grave.
He details the experience on Black 47's
latest cd Trouble in the Land:
"I met a girl at the Kon Tiki
She was doin' the Mexican rumba
When I told her what was on my mind
She said 'no big deal, here's my number'
So I sat up on the bar of her bike
As she peddled to the cemetery
We drank Schnapps on James Joyce's grave
The next thing I know, the place is goin' insane
Three weeks later they threw me outta jail
But I got laid on James Joyce's grave
I can still feel the bruises
Lord have mercy on me"
- ► 2008 (12)
- ► 2006 (12)
- ► 2005 (13)
- ► 2004 (57)
10/05 - 10/12
- I'm in a pissy-ass mood. Almost quit my job this ...
- Christian Crumlish has a well thought out articl...
- Fireland held a sexiest sentence alive contest a...
- Larry Kirwin of Black 47 has a lovely song on his...
- Election day in my state and I find my thoughts ...
- James Joyce’s Favorite Comic Strip Well, I supp...
- ▼ 10/05 - 10/12 (6)