Kickin' It with Joyce One Afternoon
If , by some universal tip o' the hat, I was
able to spend an afternoon with James Joyce
the first thing I would do is remind myself to
avoid the phrase "kickin' it".
Then I'd like to spend some time with him
sitting around the living room, listening to
I'd play some oldies (Gloomy Winter or
Brackagh Hill) and say, "Now this seems
like your kind of song. I'm surprised you
didn't use this in the Sirens episode".
And I'd play some new songs that I think he'd
like. And maybe I could get him to sing Ye
Banks and Braes for me. And then he'd ask
me to sing something. Gosh, what would
Wouldn't that be a lovely afternoon...
- ► 2008 (12)
- ► 2006 (12)
- ► 2005 (13)
- ► 2004 (57)
09/14 - 09/21
- Florida Dreaming Here's a good reason to go to ...
- Tweedy In 1909, Joyce had another money-making ...
- A Juicy Tidbit In researching the dissenting o...
- Tomorrow: A Day Away I'm doing some research on...
- Joyce as Troubadour I’ve been struggling to com...
- Copyright fans will like this article wherein Univ...
- Kickin' It with Joyce One Afternoon If , by som...
- ▼ 09/14 - 09/21 (7)