Today is the first day of school for students here in
Chico and though I thoroughly enjoy my children, it’s
a blessing to have my days back.
I find myself thinking of Nora today; what a relief it
must have been to her to have the children go back
to the local school on Via Veronese where they weren't
the must studious of students, but had many friends.
No more trying to keep them occupied in the small
Trieste kitchen while Joyce had students in the front
room for English lessons.
And the mornings when Georgio and Lucia were in
school AND Jim was off writing at a cafe - maybe Il
Caffe Bizantino - well Nora must have surely set
aside a few moments to sit back in silence, taking
pleasure in the rare moment of quiet and solitude.
- ► 2008 (12)
- ► 2006 (12)
- ► 2005 (13)
- ► 2004 (57)
08/17 - 08/24
- I am rereading Stanislaus Joyce’s book My Brother’...
- Split Pea Press, located in Edinburgh Scotland, wa...
- Another Molly Song In Old Madrid was written by G...
- It’s one of the most significant songs used in U...
- Today is the first day of school for students here...
- Tech note: Comments installed today thanks to ma...
- Tin Pan Alley Joyce used a number of songs from T...
- The more I think about Gary's Hart's recent statem...
- ▼ 08/17 - 08/24 (8)