Another Molly Song
In Old Madrid was written by G. Clifton Bingham and
Henri Trotère. In Old Madrid is a chipper love song that
Molly first sang in Gibraltar. She thinks of it on the night
of June 16th because it is so much more romantic than
the letters of Blazes Boylan. Featured most in Sirens
The song begins:
Long years ago
In old Madrid
Where softly sighs of love the light guitar.
Two sparkling eyes
A lattice hid
Two eyes as darkly bright as love's own star
"... will i ever go back there again all new faces
two glancing eyes a lattive hid Ill sing that for
him they're my eyes if hes anything of a poet
two eyes as darkly bright as loves own star
aren't those beautiful words ..." (637)
You can find In Old Madrid on the album
Along the Road of Dreams; there is a sample of the song
at the Amazon page for this album.
- ► 2008 (12)
- ► 2006 (12)
- ► 2005 (13)
- ► 2004 (57)
08/17 - 08/24
- I am rereading Stanislaus Joyce’s book My Brother’...
- Split Pea Press, located in Edinburgh Scotland, wa...
- Another Molly Song In Old Madrid was written by G...
- It’s one of the most significant songs used in U...
- Today is the first day of school for students here...
- Tech note: Comments installed today thanks to ma...
- Tin Pan Alley Joyce used a number of songs from T...
- The more I think about Gary's Hart's recent statem...
- ▼ 08/17 - 08/24 (8)