Monday, July 05, 2004

***JOYCE AUCTION ON THURSDAY***

Just one more lotto jackpot to try before the
Sotheby’s auction of several of James Joyce’s
belonging’s. I got my eye on his spectacles,
or his singing medal, my unemployed eye....
I’ve tried prayer and creative visualization
but so far no change in my economic status.

Also for sale, an important love letter from
Joyce to Nora....maybe:

“A report in Sunday's Observer newspaper 
indicates that the sale of the letter may yet
be blocked by the author's grandson Stephen
Joyce and his wife, Solange, who own
copyright over all Joyce's writings.

Solange Joyce said: "We're not pleased, to
say the least. Those letters are strictly
personal and private, and for a member of
the family. They have no literary or historical
significance."
(from RTE Interactive)

No comments:

Blog Archive